Friday, April 26, 2013

Anxiety Abounds

Wow, haven't been blogging much lately, have I?  Honestly this last month was kind of a blur of stress and crap and I'd prefer to not have to deal with the like again.  I think I'm only starting to calm down a little bit because a friend of mine gave me some of her klonopin.  And I have an appointment next week to talk to a psychiatrist, and probably get some chemicals of my own.  After years of depression followed by years of remission, I seem to have developed an anxiety disorder.  Though as a friend of mine said, well you have a reason to be anxious.  Yes, and no.  At this point, I have a lot of irrational fears and it's affecting how I am interacting with the world, and I'm just done with that.  I don't want to be afraid in my house.  I don't want to be afraid to leave my house.  I don't want to be inside my brain which is constantly catastrophizing everything and spinning and spinning in a bad way.  Anyway, I am moving towards finding help, finding a way to cope and move forward with my life.

1 comment:

Kyra said...

I'm sorry you're struggling with anxiety. I have problems with it myself, and I barely keep it in check with my running. It runs strong in my family, and my son is actually on something for it. You DO have a reason to be on edge, but sometimes your body can take it to another level. I hope whatever you do helps!