Saturday, March 23, 2013

Busy Day

I'm sitting in my office, working on my new computer.  I upgraded to something that was more expensive than I'll probably get paid for by insurance, but oh well.  I had wanted to get a new computer at some point, some day.  Not now, I wasn't ready.  Ditto with the TV.  I'm enjoying my new TV a lot (because, it's newer, faster, bigger, and cost about the same as the old one I got two years ago).  But it's a weird feeling that I have, that I can't get so attached to these things because who knows when they also might be taken from me.  It's also a little weird sitting in my office, because that's where they broke in.  I don't think it's related exactly but I do still remember exactly how things looked when I came in, with papers strewn everywhere, and the window wide open, and I would like to drop that mental image from my head.

Today I've been as busy as heck, some of which started with my new gardeners coming at 7:30 am to start doing work on putting down a new lawn for my front yard.  Honestly, it's hard to tell what the exact noise was from, but it was noisy as hell.  My bedroom faces the front yard, no way to sleep if I wanted to.  And then I've done one thing after another, like getting the police report together, paying bills, making calls.  I also got a safety deposit box and put my passport and birth certificate in that.  It was more complicated than I thought it would be, in terms of how long it took, but I'm glad I have that.  (Just need to figure out where to put the keys, but that's another story.)  Anyway, I did go in afterwards and volunteer for a few, and now I'm typing this while doing laundry and getting ready to go out to dinner with a friend.  So, a busy day.  And tomorrow is going to be more of the same because I need to prepare for my mom's upcoming visit by cleaning my house.  It is overdue.

No comments: